YouTube Video Hilariously Parodies Vendor/Client Relationship
This afternoon Allison Dhondt – sales and customer relations at FontShop BeNeLux, and responsible for their excellent Twitter account – pointed me to a very witty 2009 YouTube video by Scofield Editorial, Inc.. The Vendor Client relationship (in real world situations) takes all too familiar situations from the daily life of graphic designers, web designers, type designers, and by extension most (artistic) professions, transporting them to the restaurant, the DVD store and the hairdresser. By doing so the absurdity of some requests from customers become painfully apparent. With over 2 million views on YouTube in the past four years, Addy awards at the local, regional, and national level, and hundreds of comments, e-mails, phone calls, handshakes, the video seems to have struck a universal truth. Mandatory viewing for students and aspiring designers.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Jonathan Hoefler and Steven Heller explain on The Leonard Lopate Show how typefaces are created and why typography is important…Read more
- A clever, sensitive, and beautiful TV-spot for last year’s “Donate a Barcode” ad campaign for The Week of Food Banks.…Read more
- It seems to me that organisers of type and design conferences are becoming slightly sadistic. After every event video impressions…Read more
- A gallery of cringe-worthy typo or typographic blunders shot by the Unzipped readers.…Read more
- The new restyle for Audi by MetaDesign introduces the new custom type family Audi Type designed by Paul van der…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (9)