Works That Work, magazine of unexpected creativity
The magazine, Works That Work, is a design magazine with no portfolio presentations, ‘just pure inspiration from the real world’. It will showcase examples of unexpected creativity from around the globe, like the legendary urinals at the Amsterdam airport which reduce cleaning costs by up to 85 percent, or a documentary about how reducing traffic signs actually improves road safety. Says Biľak:
One of the ideas of the magazine is to demonstrate that creativity is not the exclusive domain of artists or designers but that we are surrounded by creativity in daily life.
Works That Work, intends to be published twice a year, and you can help to make it happen by pledging €8 for the digital edition, €16 for the print copy, or €20 for both. When I learned about it on Facebook I immediately backed it. I trust anything Peter Biľak does, because the quality is consistently excellent, and the heart is always in there. Do it, now. I guarantee you won’t regret it. : )
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Besides attending the ATypI 2013 conference as a reporter/blogger, I conducted three short interviews for Talking Types, the podcast series…Read more
- The FontShop network is included as one of 333 leading web domains on the fourth edition of the Web Trend…Read more
- A group of European designers, artists, researchers and inventors are working on a manifesto for creativity and innovation which will…Read more
- Fellow Typophile, regular Fonts In Use contributor, blogger for the esteemed competition and all-round nice chap Florian Hardwig pointed out…Read more
- This month Grafik Magazine is giving away a copy of their latest 112-page book publication with every copy of the…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (9)