Winners of The Worldwide Logo Design Annual Announced
Wolda announced the publication of its inaugural 2008 printed annual. Built on the success of Eulda, the European Logo Design Annual (which it has replaced), Wolda is the high-profile graphic design award scheme that rewards the best logos and trademarks designed throughout the world. The winners are selected by an international three-tier jury consisting of 10 top design professionals, 10 marketing managers from major international clients, and finally 10 members of the public (provided respectively by the worldwide organizations Icograda, Aquent and Consumers International).
The judges determine the winning entries according to the following criteria: clear communication of message, originality and creativity, good graphic design, and positive overall impression.
PDFs of the Wolda ’08 winners can be seen in the Showcase section, and downloaded in the Press Area. The Best of Nation PDF showcases the 52 winners worldwide. While some of them feature the usual suspects in choice of type – VAG Rounded for childcare product retail store Babyfirst is to be expected – there are a couple that use less obvious choices.
The annual itself is set in Lukasz Dziedzic’s FF Clan and FF Cocon by Evert Bloemsma.
With Wolda Talent, the competition is now open to students too, for logos designed in schools and universities, including logos never used publicly. After screening by the Wolda editorial team, the selected logos then proceed to the jury selection process, where they are be judged in the same way as the professional logos. The winning logos will be published in a dedicated section of the Wolda annual.
Best of Continent
Not only does Wolda elect a best logo for each country, but there are also six continent winners amongst them. I featured them in the header, but thought I might give them equal treatment to the more typographic ones I showcase in this post. It seems only right, because, you know, they are the best of their continent! Like, humongous land mass and stuff! :)
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Hosted by AIGA Atlanta, SEED is the premiere design competition in the Southeast, recognising the top creative work in the…Read more
- The European Union organises a student competition to design a Europe-wide logo for organic products.…Read more
- The results for the 2014 SXSW Film Design Awards for Excellence in Poster and Title Design.…Read more
- Letter.2 is the second international competition of type design organised by the Association Typographique Internationale (ATypI).…Read more
- After a long period of illness the Austrian graphic designer Othmar Motter died on Friday December 17 in Hard near…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (9)