Welcome to the New FontFeed
Welcome to the new — and dare I say improved — FontFeed. Some of you who are already regular readers might argue this is hardly new. Indeed, the FontFeed had a good run for over three years at its original home over at FontShop.com. Yet this new incarnation is different. Spawned from the creative mind of internationally renowned type personality Erik Spiekermann, this blog brings together the typographic insight of three authors: FontShop USA Type Director and Typographica editor Stephen Coles, prominent design writer Jürgen Siebert of Fontblog.de, and Yves Peters of Unzipped and Typographer.org.
The other obvious change: the FontFeed now has its own website. Although it is still sponsored by FontShop International, it will have an independent voice, free of any commercial restraints.
This blog will serve design novices and seasoned professionals alike. We will publish a variety of type related content in the form of original articles and recurring features. By providing translations of selected posts by Jürgen Siebert, an English-speaking audience will for the first time get access to content from one of the most successful type blogs, Fontblog.de.
Along with delivering advice and inspiration, our goal is to add a perceptive voice to the type community, bridging the gap between font users and font suppliers. We hope to stimulate interaction and kick start a valuable and lasting discourse between all parties, so don’t hesitate to let us know your thoughts. Keep up-to-date with new FontFeed content: subscribe via RSS or via email at right.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- The FontFeed is not the only FontShop blog. Representatives from FontShop Germany and Benelux also have their own venues for…Read more
- A few bits of early reaction to the FontFeed relaunch from some of our most beloved bloggers.…Read more
- The FontFeed editors and collaborators wish you and your loved ones a terrific new year.…Read more
- Find my day-to-day reports on the TYPO London blog, and a general overview later here on The FontFeed.…Read more
- The fourth in a series of interviews with people that played a key role in twenty years of FontShop.…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Thor, Last Night, Bridesmaids, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Midnight In Paris, Kung Fu Panda 2 (9)