Webfonts Week: An Interview with Simon Daniels of Microsoft
Webfonts Week continues as we chat with a guy who has been instrumental in Microsoft’s focus on screen typography since 1995. Si Daniels was there for the development of Microsoft’s Core fonts for the Web, the EOT format, and the ClearType technology and fonts. We talk about where he sees Web typography headed and I ask the question that’s on the mind of everyone with a stake in Web embeddable fonts: when will Internet Explorer support the WOFF format?
Click here to watch the FontCast or simply push play below.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Spiekermann embraced the fledgling world of digital type early on when he founded FontShop 20 years ago, and he’s just…Read more
- FontShop is proud to offer fonts from TypeTogether, a foundry that has become a household name among editorial designers. I…Read more
- Part two of our two part series with Jim Parkinson. Type designer and Logo designer for Rolling Stone, Newsweek, …Read more
- After years of working as a magazine art director in Brazil, Crystian Cruz took a hiatus to the UK’s University…Read more
- In FontCast’s search for typographic designers with interesting stories to tell we talk to Jim Parkinson.…Read more