Webfontday 2012 This Saturday in München, Germany
I have added a very last-minute speaking commitment to my schedule. This Saturday, November 11, I will give a presentation about improving web typography in a few simple steps at Webfontday 2012, the one-day conference organised by the Typographische Gesellschaft München. The theme this year is “Type goes Interface”.
Web or mobile – well-conceived interface design is still scarce. User friendliness and (typo)graphic quality often seem to be incompatible. Many websites offer playful technical features, yet often fail to communicate their content. Simply introducing webfonts will not be the solution.
Webfontday 2012 is dedicated to courageous and extraordinary solutions in web design. It will provide practical tips for everyday practice, and showcase brilliant and inspiring examples.
The program of the event looks pretty solid – I will be sharing the stage with Tim Ahrens, David Berlow, Indra Kupferschmid, and Adam Twardoch amongst others. The only problem will be to compress my presentation into a half hour slot.
If you are in (Southern) Germany (Bavaria) and would be interested in attending Webfontday, there are still a limited number of seats available.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- I have submitted my Trajan in Movie Posters presentation to the SXSW PanelPicker for both SXSW Interactive and SXSW Film.…Read more
- This week the typographic world congregates in Los Angeles, as TypeCon2010: Babel takes over the City of the Angels.…Read more
- FontShop is a proud sponsor of TypeCon, the annual conference of typography. This year’s event is in Boston, August 9-13. You…Read more
- The coming three days I will be at Reasons To Be Creative festival, Brighton’s September conference for coders and designers.…Read more
- Just before lunch today I did a presentation at Webfontday 2012, a one-day conference organised by the Typographische Gesellschaft München.…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Stoker, Dead Man Down, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Tyler Perry’s Temptation, Wrong (4)