Unquiet Film Series Focuses On Times New Roman
Great documentaries need not be long. In barely three and a half minutes Times New Roman gives a fantastic insight into what it means for a typeface when it acquires an almost mythical status.
The video by Betsy Works is the third episode of the Unquiet Film Series from The Times, “a series of extraordinary and independently made short films [about] some of the amazing, true-life stories behind the stories.” Some of the biggest names in British design and publishing comment on the ubiquitous serif workhorse – Andy Altmann of Why Not Associates, Creative Review’s Patrick Burgoyne, Jason Smith of Fontsmith, Neville Brody of Research Studios, Jonathan Barnbrook of Barnbrook, Eye Magazine’s Simon Esterson, to name but a few – while Monotype‘s Studio Type Director Dan Rhatigan gives snippets of background information. Akin an impressionistic painting, this little gem creates the whole picture by piecing together fragments of knowledge and opinion. Definitely worth watching.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- FontShop and INDX proudly present One Friday, a design conference to be in held in London on 24th February, 2006. Speakers…Read more
- Excitement is building in the Bay Area, both at FontShop’s San Francisco office and the local (and not-so local) design…Read more
- An overview of the nominees and winners of the 56th Grammy Awards in the fields Package and Music Video.…Read more
- New French type foundry BAT – Bureau des Affaires Typographiques have produced a fun, professional looking video announcing their impending…Read more
- The latest issue of Font magazine is hot off the press, and it’s free. Check your FontShop subscription settings to…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (9)