Typophile Film Festival 5 Premiere
The Typophile Film Fest 5 is a one hour selection of typographic films hailing from all over the world including Argentina, The Netherlands, Russia, and the United States. The films vary in subject matter and style; creating a dynamic presentation of motion design, typographic animation, short stories, documentaries, and interviews.
To give the audience an idea what to expect I have published a complete overview of the previous edition in the FontFeed post ATypI’08 | Typophile Film Fest 4, and a review of the One Show Silver Pencil winning opening sequence plus an interview with its creators on Unzipped. The opening titles this year will again be created by Brent Barson and a new team of students at Brigham Young University, and the sneak preview screenshots I saw look simply delicious.
|Venue||Art Institute of Portland
1122 N.W. Davis Street
|Cost||$10 at the door (members/non-members/students), cash or check only|
Design à Trois
The Typophile Film Fest 5 premiere is part of Design à Trois, a three night event exploring rock poster design, book cover design, and type design. The event will kick off with the acclaimed rock poster design documentary, Died Young, Stayed Pretty by film maker Eileen Yaghoobian. Next up will be You SHOULD Judge a Book by Its Cover – an insightful and amusing presentation on 50+ of the weirdest book cover designs – by NYC designer/comedian, Patrick Borelli. And, last but certainly not least, the event is concluded with the national premiere of Punchcut’s newest instalment of the Typophile Film Fest, a collection of typographic film shorts. Cancel any existing plans – this event is not to be missed!
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Punchcut presents The Typophile Film Fest 4, San Francisco in association with FontShop The Typophile Film Festival 4 is best described as a…Read more
- Typophile has issued an open Call For Entries for the fifth edition of Typophile Film Fest. The film festival is…Read more
- The 5th Typophile Film Festival opening titles are a visual typographic feast about the five senses, and how they contribute…Read more
- This August 1–5 we’ll be in Seattle for TypeCon, the only North American conference dedicated to typography, where FontShop is…Read more
- I would like to point you to a lovely project on Kickstarter which needs its last tiny push to get…Read more