Typographic Find From Rome Marathon
FontShop colleague Klaus Spanka not only improved his personal record by 18 minutes last Sunday at the Maratona della Citta’ di Roma, which he ran in 3 hours, 38 minutes and 6 seconds – this table displays his progress throughout the run. He also brought back the Magazine Maratona to the office meeting.
On page 20 of the magazine there is a beautiful full page advertisement for mineral water manufacturer Ferrarelle, which boasts to be “the number one in carbonated Italian mineral water. Underneath the headline “Ferrarelle runs with you” you see the red shoe of a marathon runner, which is tied in a wondrous way with a white shoelace to form the Ferrarelle signature. Shoe and lace become the logo of the water brand.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Martin Majoor has collected some of his old lectures (in English, German and Dutch) and put them up on his…Read more
- Historic moments call for historic front pages and historic headlines. Yet not all of them are as successful as they…Read more
- Argentinian letterer and designer (and friend of The FontFeed) Martina Flor launched an online greeting card service called Letter Collections.…Read more
- Two images posted on Grid, the official SPD blog feature chance encounters between unrelated magazine covers, creating new unexpected readings.…Read more
- After a long period of illness the Austrian graphic designer Othmar Motter died on Friday December 17 in Hard near…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (9)