Typographic Design in the Digital Domain:
A Conversation With Erik Spiekermann
This is a perfect complement to the conference for any new readers coming here after seeing me talk at Beyond Tellerrand. Metro, the design paradigm behind Windows Phone is in part a celebration of typography. In this short film, godfather of modern type Erik Spiekermann talks with Elliot Jay Stocks about how typography is used in the digital domain and what digital designers can learn from traditional print techniques. Highly recommended viewing.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- More Perfect Typography is an inspiring presentation by Tim Brown, Type Manager for Typekit, at the latest Build conference.…Read more
- Adobe InDesign product manager Will Eisley recently had his initials tattooed on his inner forearms, together with the InDesign printing…Read more
- Webfonts Week continues as we chat with a guy who has been instrumental in Microsoft’s focus on screen typography since…Read more
- Taking the pulse of the font community would not be complete without the man who has been active in type…Read more
- The new Erik Spiekermann font family Axel is an economical, highly legible font family optimized for on-screen use in office…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (4)
- ScreenFonts: Thor, Last Night, Bridesmaids, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Midnight In Paris, Kung Fu Panda 2 (11)