Typodarium, Your Daily Dose Of Type In 2012
The brand new Typodarium has landed and can be ordered from the Slanted website. Just like the past years the tear-off calendar will offer daily typographic inspiration throughout the whole year of 2012, with 366 typefaces from 252 designers hailing from 32 countries. New for this fourth edition is that the submitted typefaces were curated by – in the words of publishers Lars Harmsen and Raban Ruddigkeit – a “high-grade and competent” jury consisting of type designers Hubert Jocham and Christian Schwartz, editor of French graphic design magazine étapes Michel Chanaud, content-based media specialist Roger Black, and myself. Our opinion was asked to ensure only the best amongst the submitted type designs would make the cut. And although the quality has improved, the price has remained the same.
The formula for Typodarium is unchanged – the front of the decorative yet functional tear-off pages display the day, date and month in a different typeface for each day. Information about each design is featured on the back; a detailed description of how it was created, where the inspiration came from, and where the typeface can be licensed. The calendar comes in a handy box that can be used to collect the torn off pages, allowing you to revisit all the typefaces at your leisure. Typodarium can be set up on your desk or hung from a wall.
Besides being sold via the Slanted website, Typodarium 2012 is distributed in design and museum shops, and selected bookstores around the world.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Typodarium 2010 is the first typographic tear-off calendar, featuring 365 type designs from 180 foundries and designers hailing from 30…Read more
- Type designers and foundries are invited to contribute to the Typodarium 2012, the fourth edition of the typographic tear-off calendar.…Read more
- Type designers and foundries are invited to contribute to the Typodarium 2011, the third edition of the typographic tear-off calendar.…Read more
- The tear-off calendar will offers daily typographic inspiration with 365 typefaces to discover throughout the whole year.…Read more
- The latest issue #9 Stencil.Type. of German typography magazine Slanted looks at stencil fonts and their modern applications by designers…Read more