Types & Characters: Xavier Dupré and Martin Majoor
Type design super heroes Xavier Dupré and Martin Majoor are featured in FontFont’s new Types & Characters brochures. Their excellent typefaces and their approach to design is presented to provide an insight into the work of the people behind the letters. The Types & Characters series, designed by students of University of Applied Sciences in Wiesbaden, Germany reveals type designers’ sources of inspiration, their sketches and computer work, as well as some very personal statements. The good news? The PDF files are free:
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- You’ve seen the new FF typefaces, now see the human faces behind them. The designers of the latest batch of…Read more
- Martin Majoor has collected some of his old lectures (in English, German and Dutch) and put them up on his…Read more
- Our Designer Spotlight Series continues with another up-and-comer. Like Christian Schwartz, the award-winning Xavier Dupré has created successful typefaces for…Read more
- The casual hand drawn sans FF Duper achieves a truly handwritten look by applying two separate character loops for vowels…Read more
- Typodarium 2010 is the first typographic tear-off calendar, featuring 365 type designs from 180 foundries and designers hailing from 30…Read more