Type Week On Eye Magazine Blog
You may remember I posted an entry about the book Adrian Frutiger – Typefaces. The Complete Works. at the tail end of last year. In the comments I announced the review copy Birkhäuser sent me arrived just before the holidays, adding I hoped I was going to be able to post a review soon. And then… nothing happened.
Well, something happened, and quite unexpected at that. John L. Walters, editor of Eye, the international review of graphic design, contacted me to ask if I was interested in writing a book review for Eye. Turns out the book in question was Frutiger’s. So the review was indeed written, but instead published in Eye 71 which landed yesterday.
To celebrate the release of the new printed issue, Eye is having their first-ever Type Week on the Eye blog, with guest bloggers, recommended links, etc. Type Week features blogs about typography books, typefaces, new technology and extracts from Eye 71. The first two blog posts – one by Jan Middendorp and one by Derek Birdsall – have already been posted, with more to come. Furthermore an extract from my review will be published on their website. So go over there and start reading, already!
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Yesterday Elliot Jay Stocks launched the latest issue of his limited edition typography magazine 8 Faces, available in printed format and…Read more
- Forty9 is a PDF magazine that can be viewed on screen, but was also designed to be printed, showcasing the…Read more
- Creative Review extends the deadline for submissions to their first Typography Annual until Friday, November 5th, 2010.…Read more
- Printed on heavy, uncoated stock, with a foil-blocked cover, and pressed at just 2000 limited editions, each issue of 8…Read more
- Well, that was rather unexpected. Yesterday the Twitterverse – by way of the inimitable Tobias Frere-Jones, type designer extraordinaire and (co-)creator…Read more