Trajan in Movie Posters at SXSW in half an hour
I am very excited about bringing ScreenFonts – arguably the most successful series on The FontFeed – live on stage, here at SXSW Interactive 2012. Two Decades of Trajan in Movie Posters is a semi-serious investigation about the most popular typeface in movie poster history, and touches upon type selection, typography trends in movie posters, and the omni-presence of Trajan. Wish me luck, I have about 400 seats to fill.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- A semi-serious investigation about the most popular typeface in movie poster history, touching upon type selection and typography trends in…Read more
- In looking for a dramatic font with Roman roots, the designers of “The Da Vinci Code” posters and marketing materials…Read more
- Using one or more (adapted) pictograms Viktor Hertz creates alternate posters for both recent and older movies.…Read more
- In the previous post on the brilliant “I Can Read Movies” mock book covers Mitch Ansara mentioned he had been…Read more
- Our monthly review of movie poster typography.…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (9)