Tony de Marco Reveals An Ad-less São Paulo
In Font 006, Tony de Marco clears away the clutter to reveal São Paulo’s ban on advertising. His photographs tell the story of what remained earlier this year when Brazil’s economic capital enacted new “clean city” legislation that outlawed all forms of outdoor advertising.
Here are some of de Marco’s remarkable shots that couldn’t make it into the print version of Font 006. See more in his personal gallery.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- The first images of TypeCon2009 “Rhythm” are starting to trickle in on the TypeCon Pool on Flickr.…Read more
- SOTA will be bringing TypeCon2010 to the great city of Los Angeles, August 17-22, 2010.…Read more
- Parisian advertising agency BETC Euro RSCG ceated a series of cartoon ads and commercials for the Peugeot Partner Tepee car…Read more
- Now this is fun. Wordle autonomously creates word cloud diagrams like the one above. All you need to do is…Read more
- Jürgen Siebert takes a look at the playful typewriter-style slab serif FF Suhmo, and talks to its designer Alex Rütten.…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Stoker, Dead Man Down, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Tyler Perry’s Temptation, Wrong (4)