Elements of Web Typography
Robert Bringhurst’s “The Elements of Typographic Style” is the undisputed bible of typography, but its instructions are limited to print design. Richard Rutter is filling that need with “The Elements of Typographic Style Applied to the Web”. The new site will present Bringhurt’s principles one nugget at a time in a manner relevant to web designers. We can’t think of a better way to improve the way type looks and reads on the screen.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Nina Simone’s classic song “Feeling Good” served as the basis for a motion graphics video using only black and white…Read more
- Brighton based creative agency Crush Design & Art Direction Ltd designed a new Bible edition for the current generation.…Read more
- The unveiling of a fresh batch of graduates from KABK’s intensive one-year masters course in type design has been much…Read more
- A comprehensive report of the Ampersand 2011 one-day conference in Brighton, UK, focusing on web typography.…Read more
- Ligature, Loop & Stem have produced a modernist-style limited edition print with an overview of the vocabulary of typographic anatomy.…Read more