The Ten Best Book Covers Of The ’00s
The end of the year is nearing fast – heck, Christmas Eve is exactly one month away! – and ’tis the time of the season for the customary lists. What’s more, as this is 2009 we’re bound to find some “Best of The Decade” overviews as well. Normally I am not so hot about lists and overviews, but if I can use it as an excuse to spotlight our friends at The Book Cover Archive I’ll gladly take it. Last week they published their Top Ten of Covers of the ’00s.
Personally I am very happy that the cover for the paperback collection of Chris Ware‘s gorgeous Jimmy Corrigan, the Smartest Kid on Earth made the cut. He is one of my favourite comic book artists, and his design work and hand lettering are astounding. See the complete list for the other winners and the ten runners-up.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Submit your favourite album cover of the decade so we can assemble a FontFeed list.…Read more
- Gizmodo, the blog about gadgets and technology, included Comic Sans in their list of “Eight Regrettable Tech Inventions, Regretted”.…Read more
- A gallery with the five winners of the Valentype 2011 contest.…Read more
- The first month of 2013 has come to a close, and as usual the type commentators reflect on the past…Read more
- The weekly blog FaceOut Books focuses on the process, the successes and the failures, and overcoming any obstacles in book…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Stoker, Dead Man Down, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Tyler Perry’s Temptation, Wrong (4)