The Last 100 Copies Of 8 Faces #3
Printed on heavy, uncoated stock, with a foil-blocked cover, and pressed at just 2000 limited editions, each issue of 8 Faces is a true collector’s item. Just like previous instalments, the third 8 Faces has been snapped up by fans of type, selling its first 1000 copies in one hour. At one point the magazine sold a copy every 2.79 seconds on average. Now there are only physical 100 copies left, so don’t procrastinate!
With a cover by Mc Bess, printed on brown card with white ink, issue three features interviews with Ellen Lupton, Frank Chimero, Steve Matteson, Mark Caneso, Vincent Connare, myself, and Jason Smith and Phil Garnham of Fontsmith.
The new issue also features a fabulous introduction by Peter Biľak, a review of Codex: The Journal of Typography, and an essay on Type Rendering and Web Fonts by Typekit’s Tim Brown. On top of that, every copy ships with House Industries’ Photo Lettering catalogue and a chance to win champagne from Underware.
I want to use this opportunity to explain my selection for the magazine. As a privileged observer of this industry I am exposed to an incredible wealth of good type design. This makes it very hard to single out either my eight favourite faces or the “best” eight typefaces ever. So I decided to go with my gut feeling and simply pick eight faces I was immediately, instinctively drawn to. Some of them were licensed without even knowing when or how I was going to use them, but I notice I keep coming back to them in my design work. Does that sound like good enough a reason?
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Yesterday Elliot Jay Stocks launched the latest issue of his limited edition typography magazine 8 Faces, available in printed format and…Read more
- Printed on heavy, uncoated stock, with a foil-blocked cover, and pressed at just 2000 limited editions, each issue of 8…Read more
- This month Grafik Magazine is giving away a copy of their latest 112-page book publication with every copy of the…Read more
- Pre-orders for physical copies of the second issue of typography magazine 8 Faces start on Wednesday, November 10, at 17:00…Read more
- The FontFeed is very proud and honoured to have been given internet-wide exclusivity for a sneak preview of the upcoming…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (9)