The First Ever FontBike
We have other posts on our plate, but we simply couldn’t pass this one up.
Russian-born and Israel-based graphic designer Yanek Iontef – designer of the grungy and versatile FF Cartonnage – is also a bicycle adept and big fan of bike culture. His collection of gorgeous photographs of type and lettering can be found on his Photolog, while his interest in bicycles finds an outlet on his Bicyclog. His most recent project is not a new type design, but his new bike: a single speed based on a 1989 Bottecchia frame. As the bike’s colour scheme is black and yellow the obvious thing for Yanek was to apply the FontShop and FontFont logos on its frame. It is a work in progress. Yanek still wants to improve the bicycle’s front, specifically the stem and the handle bars, but that doesn’t stop him from from enjoying it in its current state in the streets of Tel Aviv.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- On Monday, February 28, Doyald Young – lettering and logotype designer, type designer, author, teacher and mentor, passed away at…Read more
- By historical standards, the FontFont library is a young library. Most of the designers behind it were still at school…Read more
- The new 3.0 update version of the FontBook is now compatible for all iOS devices.…Read more
- Takahiro Yamaguchi used the topography of Shibuya, Tokyo to design letter forms for his Urbanized Typeface project.…Read more
- Whether you need to rinse your eyes and brain from too many shiny beveled logos with gradients, or you are…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (4)
- ScreenFonts: Thor, Last Night, Bridesmaids, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Midnight In Paris, Kung Fu Panda 2 (11)