The Fantastic Four: FF Pitu, FF Cube, FF Tisa, and FF Nuvo
The latest FontFont release introduces four brand new typefaces to our house foundry. Read about them all in this week’s upcoming email newsletter and get a deeper look in the following PDFs created by the type designers themselves.
FF Pitu’s most characteristic features are probably the pronounced stroke modulation and blade-shaped sharp stroke endings, which are slightly softened by generous calligraphic loops with “foxtail” terminals.
FF Tisa has has a tone that suits the casual fare of magazines and advertising as well as more the serious content of newspapers and annual reports. It earned the Type Directors Club’s highest honor: a “Certificate of Excellence in Type Design”.
FF Nuvo’s soft, calligraphic touch, small caps, multiple figure sets, and italics make it a useful family for editorial, advertising and packaging. Its alternate glyphs add typographic versatility.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- This weekend the Type Directors Club of New York posted an interview with Sumner Stone conducted by Nick Sherman on…Read more
- After a one year break publishing house Hermann Schmidt Mainz in collaboration with the Frankfurt Book Fair will exhibit TDC…Read more
- FontShop launched the third instalment of their scrolltastic interpretation of the type catalogue / specimen / newsletter with FontWalk 3. This award-winning microsite – nominated…Read more
- Last week was a week of both celebration and sadness in the type world. Sadness because Swiss type designer Hans…Read more
- In its 30th annual The Best of Newspaper Design™ Creative Competition, the Society for News Design has named four newspapers…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (4)
- ScreenFonts: Thor, Last Night, Bridesmaids, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Midnight In Paris, Kung Fu Panda 2 (11)