The Card Observer… Observes Cards
is a new site that showcases only the best business card designs. We do this for a couple of reasons: to shine the spotlight on the talented designers who create these beautiful cards, and to inspire you.
As opposed to the Book Cover Archive the creators of this website rely on people sending in their creations. If you feel like you’ve designed a card or own one that deserves a place in their gallery, don’t hesitate to submit it.
The website must be pretty recent. The first entry in the gallery dates from January 21st, 2009, and the site currently displays just under 90 entries. It is pretty basic – each entry has a concise explanatory text, and designer and/or client are mentioned and linked. The quality of the featured cards is pretty high, with nice designs, fun shapes and often special printing techniques – a good number are printed in letterpress or feature special inks or die cuts. I’m looking forward to see this archive grow and flourish.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Contrariwise is a website about literary tattoos – tattoos based on books, poems, lyrics, and many other literary sources.…Read more
- Now this is fun. Wordle autonomously creates word cloud diagrams like the one above. All you need to do is…Read more
- Make an image of your passion, send it to TYPO Berlin, and win a free entrance to TYPO Berlin 2010,…Read more
- The Book Cover Archive is a new online gallery “for the appreciation and categorization of excellence in book cover design”.…Read more
- The new and improved ƒCards App for iPhone/iPod/iPad is available at no cost for exactly one week, plus one lucky…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Stoker, Dead Man Down, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Tyler Perry’s Temptation, Wrong (4)