It’s serendipitous that Jurriaan Schrofer, Restless Typographer is the next Unit Editions book I review after Type Only, their overview of contemporary typographic artwork (keep checking their Tumblr for more ‘type only’ work). The monograph celebrating the experimental typography of Dutch graphic designer Jurriaan Schrofer published this past Spring nicely puts Type Only in context. [...]Read more
In a mere four years since their emergence with Studio Culture Unit Editions have become a staple in the design world. The progressive publishing venture founded by Adrian Shaughnessy and Spin’s Tony Brook and Patricia Finegan produces high-quality, affordable books on graphic design and visual culture, and their releases are closely watched. The announcement of [...]Read more
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- “100 Alphabets Publicitaires” is a compendium with 100 lettering style examples for commercial artists and letterers.…Read more
- The FontFeed is not the only FontShop blog. Representatives from FontShop Germany and Benelux also have their own venues for…Read more
- A short video about typography by Erik Spiekermann – typographer, information designer, and founder of this incarnation of The FontFeed.…Read more
- Welcome to the new — and dare I say improved — FontFeed. Some of you who are already regular readers…Read more
- In a mere four years since their emergence with Studio Culture Unit Editions have become a staple in the design…Read more