On December 3rd 2012, a crowd funding campaign started for an unusual film project. The young Germany type designer and multimedia artist Yanone is making a dance music film, whose concept is borrowed from his typeface Antithesis. As Yanone is a good friend of the FontFeed and we are a fan of his work, we […]Read more
In a previous Type Basics we examined the difference between a typeface and a font. Both terms refer to a single manifestation of type. In this episode we will look at how individual typefaces/fonts relate to each other.Read more
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- As you read in my report of the first day at TYPO Berlin 2014 “Roots”, the final presentation was by…Read more
- Excitement is building in the Bay Area, both at FontShop’s San Francisco office and the local (and not-so local) design…Read more
- A vintage short documentary produced by Encyclopædia Britannica Films Inc. in 1947 explains the process from copy setting to binding.…Read more
- Help cover post-production expenses for “Linotype: The Film”, the feature-length documentary centred around the Linotype typecasting machine.…Read more
- Pre-orders for physical copies of the second issue of typography magazine 8 Faces start on Wednesday, November 10, at 17:00…Read more