Verena Gerlach obviously was paying attention while watching the trailer to the ProSieben television movie in two parts “Der Seewolf”, an adaptation of Jack London’s 1904 novel. She noticed a glaring anachronism in the lettering on the schooner “Ghost”.Read more
One of the most entertaining continuing series about typography on the interwebs is Mark Simonson’s Typecasting: The Use (and Misuse) of Period Typography in Movies. Originally a single overview of typographical anachronisms in movies, it spawned the follow up series Son of Typecasting. What Mark does is research the use of period typography in movies […]Read more
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- The Book Cover Archive have published their Top Ten of Covers of the ’00s, including the ten runners-up.…Read more
- Rian Hughes of Device Fonts has unleashed a bucketload of new type in the last few weeks. All of it…Read more
- Logan Ingalls’ 24 Season Six countdown makes use of the familiar typographic star of the hit TV show 24: LCD.…Read more
- One of the most entertaining continuing series about typography on the interwebs is Mark Simonson’s Typecasting: The Use (and Misuse)…Read more
- The nominations and winning title sequence for Outstanding Main Title Design at the 2011 Primetime Emmys.…Read more