Last week was a week of both celebration and sadness in the type world. Sadness because Swiss type designer Hans Eduard Meier passed away peacefully aged 91 on Tuesday, July 15. More about this loss later. Celebration because American type designer David Berlow was awarded the prestigious Type Directors Club Medal of Excellence 2014 the [...]Read more
One of the winners at the recent European Design Awards was Gewone Letters – Gerrit’s Early Models which won Bronze in the category Self-Initiated Projects. The lovely limited edition publication by Geen Bitter uses the equally lovely FF Dora, designed by Slávka Pauliková and released through FontFont last year.Read more
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- This weekend the Type Directors Club of New York posted an interview with Sumner Stone conducted by Nick Sherman on…Read more
- Taking the pulse of the font community would not be complete without the man who has been active in type…Read more
- We are just back from ATypI late last night, still reeling from a wonderful week in Amsterdam – learning, absorbing…Read more
- The latest FontFont release introduces four brand new typefaces to our house foundry. Read about them all in this week’s…Read more
- FontFont represents some of the most talented and interesting type designers in the world. In celebration of FontShop’s 20th…Read more