After writing about Fenstern Zeichen, Herbert Marker’s delightful gallery of Austrian shop signs, it pains me to show you this miserable failure for contrast. This sign which I discovered only recently graces the facade of a restaurant/bar on the Friday Market in Gent, my home town. When walking around the city, I have been confronted […]Read more
With the modernisation of the urban landscape, vintage architectural lettering disappears at a worrying pace. Beautiful commercial signs above shop windows make way for default letter shapes in plexiglass and neon. As the logos of international chains take over, the couleur locale fades, making the typical shopping street look identical to any similar street in […]Read more
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Jon Phillips of Spyrestudios gathered 34 excellent logos using punctuation marks in an online gallery.…Read more
- Before I dive into my review for Shady Characters: Ampersands, Interrobangs and other Typographical Curiosities (The Secret Life of Punctuation,…Read more
- This is the first in a series of studio profiles featuring those who were published in Print magazine’s Regional Design…Read more
- National Punctuation Day gives us an opportunity to call attention to two of our most critical typographic causes: the interrobang…Read more
- I just discovered yet another marvelous documentary short about sign painting, this time from the UK. 21st Century Victorian is…Read more