Thanks to a tip from Jörg Haubrichs, software developer at FontShop International, I read an insane article this weekend that frankly blew my typographic mind. Last Wednesday German computer scientist David Kriesel did a bizarre discovery. After scanning a construction plan on a Xerox Workcentre and printing it, he noticed the perfectly reproduced plan suddenly [...]Read more
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Our founder Erik Spiekermann was interviewed for Frog Design’s house magazine. Read an excerpt.…Read more
- Numerals (or figures) can take various forms. The figure style you choose ought to be appropriate to the project you…Read more
- The issues in Mac OS X 10.6.7 occur with PostScript-flavoured OpenType fonts, and concern PDF files and printing.…Read more
- To mark the end of the aughts New York Magazine invited a number of designers to create a cover image…Read more
- This is the dedicated gallery with all the submissions for the Valentype 2014 contest.…Read more