Amongst the first names to be confirmed for TYPO Berlin 2014 “Roots” were Ilona Karwinska and David S. Hill. They are the directors and founders of the Polish Neon Muzeum in Warsaw, which is dedicated to the documentation and preservation of Poland’s cold war era neon signs. Contrary to our preconceived notions about former East [...]Read more
With the modernisation of the urban landscape, vintage architectural lettering disappears at a worrying pace. Beautiful commercial signs above shop windows make way for default letter shapes in plexiglass and neon. As the logos of international chains take over, the couleur locale fades, making the typical shopping street look identical to any similar street in [...]Read more
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- It is not a good year for the Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum. After having been flooded at the…Read more
- Help us preserve seven 16mm educational films from the Mergenthaler Linotype Company from the 1950s and ’60s.…Read more
- With the modernisation of the urban landscape, vintage architectural lettering disappears at a worrying pace. Beautiful commercial signs above shop…Read more
- In two days Europe’s biggest annual design conference reaches adulthood when TYPO Berlin celebrates its 18th anniversary. “Touch” opens on…Read more
- For its Vintage Varsity line which is part of the Fall Collection Target found its inspiration in vintage wood type.…Read more