When the deal between Monotype and FontFont was announced yesterday the internet exploded, wailing and lamenting the perceived loss of independence of the world’s largest library of original contemporary typefaces. Arguments like “FontFont is no longer the last major independent foundry” and “There’s never been a better time – nor a better argument – for independent foundries […]Read more
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Today is a groundbreaking day in FontShop’s 25 year history, the most important one since our formation. The US typeface…Read more
- The third in a series of interviews with people that played a key role in twenty years of FontShop.…Read more
- One month after the launch of Firefox 3.6 which – amongst other things – introduced support for the Web Open…Read more
- You can always count on the TYPO organisers to come up with fun surprise initiatives. Their Early Bird reduced rates…Read more
- The OpenType format offers typographers more glyphs, and (sometimes) more confusion. As the FontFont library is converted to OpenType, premium…Read more