With the modernisation of the urban landscape, vintage architectural lettering disappears at a worrying pace. Beautiful commercial signs above shop windows make way for default letter shapes in plexiglass and neon. As the logos of international chains take over, the couleur locale fades, making the typical shopping street look identical to any similar street in [...]Read more
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Martin Majoor has collected some of his old lectures (in English, German and Dutch) and put them up on his…Read more
- The organisation of the 33pt typography symposium 2009 have posted a slew of presentations and interviews on Vimeo, many of…Read more
- Two years ago I reported about Tipos Latinos, dedicated to promoting Latin American typography and type design, for the first…Read more
- Posting the process video for Kevin Tong’s gorgeous illustrated poster for Gravity in this month’s ScreenFonts reminded me of a…Read more
- You can always count on the TYPO organisers to come up with fun surprise initiatives. Their Early Bird reduced rates…Read more