This quick post is specifically aimed at our French(-speaking) readers. This afternoon I leave for Caen, France where I will participate in the international symposium on typography Lettres Modernes #2 tomorrow and Friday, March 27–28. By inviting type designers, researchers and artists, this free event offers two days of reflection on how the coexistence of […]Read more
It’s a most unlikely combination to produce actually funny content and yet it works. Today French type designer Jean-Baptiste Levée launched the Tumblr F*** Yeah Typeface Design, delving into the psyche of type designers and exposing the everyday occurrences in their work, their struggle with huge glyph sets and uncooperative type design software, kerning and […]Read more
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Peterpaul Kloosterman is a publication designer whose skills with typographie are evident in every piece shown at his 2pk studio…Read more
- Fred Smeijers, the award-winning designer of FF Quadraat and fonts for OurType, and author of “Counterpunch,” describes the trouble…Read more
- More and more educators are mining the potential of FontShop’s free online modular font editor, both in the regular courses…Read more
- Christian Schwartz’s presentation “Couture Type and The New York Times” from TYPO Berlin 2008 “Image” has been added to the…Read more
- The redesigned Typographica launched Wednesday with its annual Our Favorite Typefaces of 2008 overview, arguably the most important annual overview…Read more