When I attended ATypI 2010 “The Word” in Dublin the conference closed with one of the fabulous lettering walks hosted by Phil Baines and Catherine Dixon. It was abundantly clear to the participants that the Irish capital has a rich history of hand painted signs decorating the city. The documentary short Gentlemen of Letters – […]Read more
One day before the official opening of ATypI 2010 Dublin: The Word, Verena Gerlach’s show Paradox Alg(i)er(s) opened at The Factory Space gallery.Read more
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- The official trailer for “Sign Painters”, a documentary by Faythe Levine & Sam Macon.…Read more
- One day before the official opening of ATypI 2010 Dublin: The Word, Verena Gerlach’s show Paradox Alg(i)er(s) opened at The…Read more
- I just discovered yet another marvelous documentary short about sign painting, this time from the UK. 21st Century Victorian is…Read more
- The documentary “Up There” reveals the dying craft of large-scale hand painted advertising and the untold story of the painters…Read more
- Verena Gerlach obviously was paying attention while watching the trailer to the ProSieben television movie in two parts “Der Seewolf”,…Read more