Last week PBS posted a new episode of Off Book on its YouTube channel. The short documentary Off Book: The Art of Logo Design/a> produced by Kornhaber Brown examines how great logos are created. Off Book is a web-only series from PBS Arts that expands the definition of art. Each episode explores a cutting-edge genre [...]Read more
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- The documentary features type designers Hoefler & Frere-Jones, Pentagram’s Paula Scher and Eddie Opara, and infographic designers Julia Vakser and…Read more
- Ben Barrett-Forrest breezes through the history of typography in a little over five minutes.…Read more
- Jon Phillips of Spyrestudios gathered 34 excellent logos using punctuation marks in an online gallery.…Read more
- Whether you need to rinse your eyes and brain from too many shiny beveled logos with gradients, or you are…Read more
- Jonathan Hoefler and Steven Heller explain on The Leonard Lopate Show how typefaces are created and why typography is important…Read more