I’m taking a little break from compiling my Halloween list of scary fonts to point you to Skull-A-Day. On June 4th, 2007, Noah Scalin – creative director and owner of Another Limited Rebellion – made an orange paper skull, posted it online and announced to the world that he would be making a skull a day for an entire year. Two of his entries were display alphabets, which have been turned into digital fonts and are available for download for free.Read more
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Johannes Erler and Henning Skibbe have revisited FF Dingbats, redesigning it for the new modern age of flat panels and…Read more
- This first tutorial looks at the Glyphs window in Adobe CS, and which OpenType functions can be accessed through the…Read more
- The Indian Ministry of Finance organises a public competition to select a design for an international symbol of the rupee.…Read more
- The Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Armenia announces its second international type design competition Granshan 2009.…Read more
- To celebrate 20 years, FontFont offered 20% off a selection of twenty FontFonts for twenty days.…Read more