Amidst the excitement caused by the successful launch of the public beta of the new FontShop website I would like to quickly announce my Minneapolis Mini-Tour next week – very bummed I am missing the terrific TYPO San Francisco “Rhythm” though. I have been invited by AIGA Minnesota to be a judge for their Design [...]Read more
As a logical extension of my previous post, here is some authentic vintage font porn from James Pucket. This self-professed “craftsman of typefaces in the American tradition” is founder of Dunwich Type Founders and responsible for Daily Type Specimen, a Tumblr whose name is pretty self-explanatory. James recently scanned over thirty Filmotype specimen pages at [...]Read more
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Excitement is building in the Bay Area, both at FontShop’s San Francisco office and the local (and not-so local) design…Read more
- Hosted by AIGA Atlanta, SEED is the premiere design competition in the Southeast, recognising the top creative work in the…Read more
- Letter.2 is the second international competition of type design organised by the Association Typographique Internationale (ATypI).…Read more
- The results for the 2012 SXSW Film Design Awards for Excellence in Poster and Title Design.…Read more
- I am home since this morning, fighting a jetlag and recovering from a jampacked week in the Twin Cities. I…Read more