Amidst the excitement caused by the successful launch of the public beta of the new FontShop website I would like to quickly announce my Minneapolis Mini-Tour next week – very bummed I am missing the terrific TYPO San Francisco “Rhythm” though. I have been invited by AIGA Minnesota to be a judge for their Design [...]Read more
Conceptual alphabets are not easy to get right. Throw in erotic subject matter, and you have yourself a recipe for disaster. Striking the right balance when creating outright explicit illustrated letters so it does not become awkward or vulgar is incredibly hard. And yet Malika Favre managed to do exactly that with her astounding Kama [...]Read more
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Excitement is building in the Bay Area, both at FontShop’s San Francisco office and the local (and not-so local) design…Read more
- Hosted by AIGA Atlanta, SEED is the premiere design competition in the Southeast, recognising the top creative work in the…Read more
- Letter.2 is the second international competition of type design organised by the Association Typographique Internationale (ATypI).…Read more
- The results for the 2012 SXSW Film Design Awards for Excellence in Poster and Title Design.…Read more
- I am home since this morning, fighting a jetlag and recovering from a jampacked week in the Twin Cities. I…Read more