I have said this numerous times over the past few years – now is a great time to be into typography. Typographic production is at an all-time high, digital font technology allows for unequalled typographic refinement, the general public has never been more aware of typography, and last year again a number of fascinating books [...]Read more
The TypeCon identity radically changes every year – see for example my post on the 2009 identity by Under Consideration/Department of Design. SoTA always picks a local(ish) designer to represent the area through designing that year’s logo and identity. They usually go with “name” designers and have been happy with the results. This year however [...]Read more
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- The TypeCon identity radically changes every year – see for example my post on the 2009 identity by Under Consideration/Department…Read more
- Mike Parker, consultant, type historian, and type designer at the Font Bureau, Inc. died on Monday, February 25, 2014.…Read more
- Type design super heroes Xavier Dupré and Martin Majoor are featured in FontFont’s new Types & Characters brochures. Their excellent…Read more
- This is the first in a series of studio profiles featuring those who were published in Print magazine’s Regional Design…Read more
- In this brief interlude we look at the graphic identity of TYPO Berlin 2009 – Space.…Read more