One of the most entertaining continuing series about typography on the interwebs is Mark Simonson’s Typecasting: The Use (and Misuse) of Period Typography in Movies. Originally a single overview of typographical anachronisms in movies, it spawned the follow up series Son of Typecasting. What Mark does is research the use of period typography in movies […]Read more
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Changeling is the screen font on the monitor displays of the U.S.S. Enterprise in the new Star Trek movie.…Read more
- The documentary features type designers Hoefler & Frere-Jones, Pentagram’s Paula Scher and Eddie Opara, and infographic designers Julia Vakser and…Read more
- Fan site Batmania collects the onomatopoeia from the word overlays used in the 1960s cult television series Batman.…Read more
- Logan Ingalls’ 24 Season Six countdown makes use of the familiar typographic star of the hit TV show 24: LCD.…Read more
- Part two in our series on the typography of packaging is the result of a trip to Target®. Several of…Read more