The FontFeed loves Blue Note Records and Reid Miles, so it was with great pleasure that I discovered the Barack Obama’s Jazz website. It is fascinating to see how the figure of the first African-American president of the USA continues to inspire the creative community, as witnessed for example in the Artists For Obama poster [...]Read more
Historic moments call for historic front pages and historic headlines. Yet not all of them are as successful as they would like to be. Both the Newsdesigner and Guardian websites have compiled galleries featuring the front pages of yesterday’s major newspapers. Newsdesigner.com has over 50 American front pages, while the 21 on Guardian.co.uk include foreign ones as well. While some limit their creativity to coming up with a striking headline, other newspapers did a complete overhaul of their front page for this historic occasion.Read more
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Logan Walters has re-envisioned Wu-Tang albums as Reid Miles-era Blue Note Records sleeves.…Read more
- Almost Blue is an overview of sleeves that are based on specific releases by Blue Note Records, or that are…Read more
- The campaign website of Benjamin Netanyahu, conservative Likud leader running for prime minister of Israel, feels unmistakably Obama-esque.…Read more
- A promotional video for the Bellavista Social Pub recreates a number of Blue Note album covers as tableaux vivants.…Read more
- The American presidential elections have inspired high-profile artists to donate poster designs for Barack Obama’s campaign for the presidency.…Read more