Lack of Typographic Imagination: Stating The Obvious
One of the most original type-related pools on Flickr is LTypI: Lack of Typographic Imagination (the acronym of course being a nod to ATypI). The Flickr group collects pictures of logos where the name – or parts of the name – is derived from the typeface used to set the logo in. A recent example is Berlin Tegel Airport’s Market Place, as Ivo Gabrowitsch discovered the logo is set in FF Market.
Ivo created the Flickr group together with our resident editor Stephen Coles. If you possess any examples in your picture archives we strongly suggest you contribute to LTypI.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- People who couldn’t attend were able to follow the conference online via Twitter chatter and visual impressions on the ATypI…Read more
- Caution! Falling counters!…Read more
- Try your hand at redesigning an album cover using at least one of the fonts in the 24 FontFont families…Read more
- An overview of covers of recently released albums.…Read more
- In this brief interlude we look at the graphic identity of TYPO Berlin 2009 – Space.…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (9)