Some Type of Wonderful
Some Type of Wonderful is an international typographic project that I somehow managed to overlook last fall. It’s no secret that the people at Lifelounge are somewhat obsessed with good typography, and to celebrate this obsession they collaborated with some of the most creative type geeks in the world.
Lifelounge invited twelve of their favourite artists and designers from around the globe to join them in a typographic project called Some Type Of Wonderful. Each artist was asked to formulate a typographic response to a design brief related to a designated month of the year. Those twelve unique designs were made available as a limited edition, beautifully designed 2009 wall calendar.
It may be a bit late to still order a 2009 wall calendar, but the pieces of artwork are now also offered through Lifelounge as signed, limited edition A1 (594mm x 841mm) Giclée prints. Each one is printed with museum quality archival inks on acid free, 308 gsm Hahnemühle cotton rag paper. To reassure you that they are the genuine article, each print also comes with a STW09 Certificate of Authenticity signed and edited by the artist.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- If you are a designer or other type enthusiast and you are looking for a typographic wall calendar for 2014,…Read more
- September Featuring Ambroise and Parisine Take a break from the heat and dust of summer and enter a forest of mist…Read more
- The tear-off calendar will offer daily typographic inspiration with 366 typefaces to discover throughout the whole year of 2012.…Read more
- Type designers and foundries are invited to contribute to the Typodarium 2011, the third edition of the typographic tear-off calendar.…Read more
- Last year’s FontFont calendar was so popular, we’re doing another. Like before, each month presents one of our favorite typefaces.…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (4)