Society for News Design Announce World’s Best-Designed Newspapers
In its 30th annual The Best of Newspaper Design™ Creative Competition, the Society for News Design has named four newspapers from Europe and one from Mexico as “World’s Best-Designed Newspapers™.” SND produced a fun video presentation of the winning newspapers and jury report.
This year’s “World’s Best-Designed Newspapers™” are:
- Akzia | Moscow, Russia · biweekly, circulation 200,000
- Eleftheros Tipos | Athens, Greece · daily, circulation, 86,000
- Expresso | Paço de Arcos, Portugal · weekly, circulation 120,000
- The News | Mexico City, Mexico · daily, circulation 10,000
- Welt am Sonntag | Berlin, Germany · weekly, 400,000
The FontFeed has sent out requests to the five winning newspapers for PDFs and additional information. We hope to receive a reaction soon so we can post a more detailed entry focusing on the typography of these newspapers. In the meantime you can discover the winners in the video on Vimeo.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Istanbul-based motion graphics studio Imago New Media produced a one minute advertisement for the launch of Turkish Edition of The…Read more
- One of the most entertaining continuing series about typography on the interwebs is Mark Simonson’s Typecasting: The Use (and Misuse)…Read more
- Over the last two years FontStruct has grown into a community of over 270,000 typographic bricklayers.…Read more
- Letter.2 is the second international competition of type design organised by the Association Typographique Internationale (ATypI).…Read more
- Taking the pulse of the font community would not be complete without the man who has been active in type…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Stoker, Dead Man Down, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Tyler Perry’s Temptation, Wrong (4)