Seven of The Myriad Reasons Why You Should Read Works That Work
Besides attending the ATypI 2013 conference as a reporter/blogger, I conducted three short interviews for Talking Types, the podcast series by FontFont – more about them later. I was however also interviewed myself by Typotheque’s Peter Biľak, who produced a short video to promote his excellent magazine Works That Work. The video asks seven ATypI attendees why they read the magazine (the pay-off at the end is brilliant). It launches a new campaign where readers are invited to do the same to possibly receive a guest subscription. Because, as Peter explains it:
It’s the readers that define the magazine.
Before we started working on the first issue we spent a lot of time trying to define Works That Work magazine, its purpose, ideas, reasons for existing. You can read some of those thoughts in the Issue 1 editorial or in our early press releases. But now that we have published two issues, those words are more or less irrelevant; intents and speculations have been replaced by the magazine and its readers. We’ve asked people why they read WTW, and their answers reveal how the magazine is received and perceived by the people who make our project into a magazine.
I consistently recommend Works That Work to designer and non-designer alike. Because it’s that good. Now you too can tell why you read Works That Work. Send them a video message. Seriously.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Peter Biľak, the founder of Typotheque (and former editor of Dot Dot Dot magazine) is starting a new design magazine,…Read more
- This month Grafik Magazine is giving away a copy of their latest 112-page book publication with every copy of the…Read more
- Printed on heavy, uncoated stock, with a foil-blocked cover, and pressed at just 2000 limited editions, each issue of 8…Read more
- Emigre and Gingko Press are proud to announce the publication of “Emigre No.70: The Look Back Issue – Celebrating 25…Read more
- A wonderful short film capturing some of the love, care and hand-crafted passion that goes into the production of a…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (9)