Send An ƒCard (For Free) And Win An iPad
Most of our readers know FontShuffle, FontShop AG’s application for iPhone and iPod Touch, which was just recently upgraded to version 1.2. This new version of the world’s fastest source of typographic inspiration now includes more than 500 italic font previews, scalable sample text and glyph sets. What many may not know is that FSI – FontShop International as well offers an app for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad through ƒStop. ƒStop is the Berlin-based stock photography provider with 30,000 images available for commercial licensing. The ƒCards app allows the user to send customisable virtual postcards featuring ƒStop images and FontFont typefaces.
ƒCards is a stylish, minimalistic, and seriously easy-to-use virtual postcard App. Start by selecting a photograph from amongst the selection of ƒStop images included in the App – organised in 12 handy categories –, or take/use one of your own photographs). Type your greeting using one of the five typefaces featured in the current version of the ƒCards App (via ƒStop’s sister companies, FontFont and FontShop): FF Unit, FF Cocon, FF Market, FF Kava, and FF Duper; and pick a colour for the text. Then position your greeting on the front by dragging your text to the perfect spot of your choice. Finally flip over the card to write a personal message, and send it via e-mail or share it on Facebook.
Two weeks ago ƒStop released the new version 1.1. ƒCards now remembers all information between closing and opening – including saving the selected image from camera or photo album. A reset button allows you to revert to the default set-up. To celebrate this release the new and improved ƒCards App for iPhone/iPod/iPad is available at no cost for exactly one week (until Thursday, April 29th) in the iTunes store. But there’s more! As ƒStop is eager to have you try it out, they are giving away a brand new iPad to one lucky fCard sender.
iPad Drawing – How to Enter
Do one (or all!) of the following to enter the drawing for the free iPad (one entry per method, per person):
- Send an ƒCard to two friends, in addition to fcards[at]fstopimages.com;
- Post an ƒCard to your Facebook wall, and then become a fan of ƒCards on Facebook;
- Send an ƒCard to your Twitter account via Twitpic, then Tweet the URL for this announcement: http://tinyurl.com/y47k6z7
ƒStop will announce the winner via Twitter (@fstopimages) on May 1st, and also in next month’s ƒMail. Please note that only ƒCards sent with the iPhone/iPod/iPad App, not the Web-based version of ƒCards, are eligible. Good luck!
The ƒCards App was created by boowoop. The original concept for the Web-based version (note: requires Flash) was the work of the San Francisco-based user interface design company Punchcut. A gallery featuring all of the ƒStop images included in the App is right here.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- FontShuffle 1.0, FontShop’s new application for iPhone and iPod Touch, is the world’s fastest source of typographic inspiration. Combining the…Read more
- The new 3.0 update version of the FontBook is now compatible for all iOS devices.…Read more
- Barely two months after its initial release FontShop AG proudly announces the first upgrade for FontShuffle. The app now boasts…Read more
- A little tutorial to get you acquainted with the new functionalities of the new FontBook app for iPad.…Read more
- Personalise your conference experience with the fabulous TYPO Berlin Conference App, for a smooth, efficient, and stress-free three days of…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Thor, Last Night, Bridesmaids, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Midnight In Paris, Kung Fu Panda 2 (11)