RTL Introduces Logo For Product Placement
Last week Horizont – the German portal for marketing, advertising and media – announced that Europe’s largest TV, radio and production company RTL submitted a logo design for the announced introduction of product placement on private television in Europe in 2010. The proposed logo comes with the tagline “Supported by product placement” set in FF DIN and is located in the upper right hand area of the screen.
FontBlog thinks the logo falls short and begs for a revision. It requires an explanation that occupies an area many times larger than the logo itself. Furthermore the sign can be misinterpreted as a request to switch on or off something. Our proposed alternative shown below is easily understandable for the viewers, and what’s more… it can equally appeal to potential advertising community, telling them: “Your product for money in our program”.
Need more icons? Why not try the simplified iconography of FF Netto? Or the multi-layered 2.0 version of FF Dingbats? Or the very complete Poppi collection? These and other options can be found in FontShop’s list of Web Icons, Arrows, and Symbols.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Under Consideration/Department of Design had the excellent idea to post a follow-up to their unveiling of the TypeCon logo.…Read more
- Part two in our series on the typography of packaging is the result of a trip to Target®. Several of…Read more
- In the last few weeks we covered the typography of food packaging, Target® stores, and personal care products. Here’s one…Read more
- Punchcut presents The Typophile Film Fest 4, San Francisco in association with FontShop The Typophile Film Festival 4 is best described as a…Read more
- I have submitted my Trajan in Movie Posters presentation to the SXSW PanelPicker for both SXSW Interactive and SXSW Film.…Read more