Relive TYPO Berlin 2011 “Shift” With FontShopTV
Now that we’re gradually recovering from a wild TYPO Night it starts to sink in that TYPO Berlin 2011 “Shift” is truly over. Judging from the many commentaries (and my own experience) it qualifies as an excellent edition. I was particularly impressed with the finale, a perfect hat trick by Petr van Blokland’s wake-up call Designer update: what’s next?, Thomas Lupo heart-warming and inspirational Instructions for breaking free, and Christoph Niemann’s hilarious yet insightful Life is what you make it – even if you’re a graphic designer. This was an example of flawless programming for which I have to commend the organisation. People who want to get a taste of the TYPO Berlin experience the customary “Impressions” video below was posted even before the conference officially ended. Also from FontShopTV are podcasts with Oliver Reichenstein, Donald Beekman & Donald Roos, Tim Fendley, and Michael Johnson. Enjoy!
Oliver Reichenstein discusses his interpretation of the theme of the conference “Shift”, and why we need to hack codes.
Donald & Donald discuss their interpretation of the theme of the conference “Shift”, how the enjoyment of any job relates to how much money it makes, and what the future brings.
Tim Fendley discusses his interpretation of the theme of the conference “Shift”, maps and apps, and what the future holds with regards to human or digital interaction.
Michael Johnson discusses his interpretation of the theme of the conference “Shift”, linguistic mash-ups, and the shift in the activities of JohnsonBanks.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- An overview of the numerous information channels via which you can follow TYPO Berlin 201 “Shift”.…Read more
- Christian Schwartz’s presentation “Couture Type and The New York Times” from TYPO Berlin 2008 “Image” has been added to the…Read more
- Eva-Lotta Lamm a.k.a. evalottchen made personable and very entertaining sketchnotes on some of the key presentations at TYPO Berlin 2011…Read more
- You can save up to €210,- if you register for TYPO Berlin 2010 “Shift” before December 31st.…Read more
- Some of the real stars of the design scene will take to the stage at TYPO London 2011 “Places”.…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Thor, Last Night, Bridesmaids, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Midnight In Paris, Kung Fu Panda 2 (11)