Relive TYPO Berlin 2011 “Shift” With Evalottchen’s Sketchnotes
In the bus on our way to the speakers’ dinner on Friday night I had the pleasure to meet Eva-Lotta Lamm. This German-born UX designer living in the UK does mainly web and interface design, but enjoys graphic design and illustration work as well. She is also known as evalottchen, and makes the most perspicacious and witty sketched notes – conveniently dubbed “sketchnotes” – during the presentations she attends at conferences. Always willing to try something new, the TYPO organisation invited her to work her magic at TYPO Berlin 2011 “Shift”. As I was sitting next to Eva-Lotta during Robin Kinross’ Design as editing: an anarchist approach and Michael Johnson’s Forget the rules. Celebrate the mutable, the modular and the mashed-up, I was a privileged witness of the creation of two of those sketchnotes. It was wonderful to see a simple drawing in the upper left corner evolve into an intricate narrative filling the whole page of her square sketchbook. Eva-Lotta’s lettering is also a plus – cute but not cutesy. I highly recommend you discover her work, starting with her personable and very entertaining take on some of the key presentations at TYPO Berlin 2011.
Eva-Lotta has bundled her work from the past two years in Sketchnotes 2009 & 2010, a 101-page book featuring events like UX week 2009, d.construct 2009 & 2010, offf 2010, Flash on the Beach 2010, UXcamp London, UXcamp Europe 2010, WebExpo 2010, London IA events, etc.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- You can save up to €210,- if you register for TYPO Berlin 2010 “Shift” before December 31st.…Read more
- TYPO Talks closed off a very successful conference season. After launching two new sister conferences – last Fall’s TYPO London “Places”…Read more
- The British capital is currently experiencing “Social”, the second edition of TYPO London, and by the looks of it it’s…Read more
- Podcasts with Oliver Reichenstein, Donald Beekman & Donald Roos, Tim Fendley, and Michael Johnson, from FontShopTV.…Read more
- An overview of the numerous information channels via which you can follow TYPO Berlin 201 “Shift”.…Read more