Post TYPO Berlin 2009 – The Face of Space
Every edition for twelve years now the Hamburg-based photographer Marc Eckardt has built his portrait studio behind the stage of the main auditorium at Haus der Kulturen der Welt at TYPO Berlin. This is where he welcomes the TYPO Hall speakers when they come off stage, mere minutes after their performance. The perfect moment, as the stars of the design and media scene are in the best of moods, still feeding off the final applause. Over the years Marc assembled a collection of over 250 breathtaking portraits in black and white. I uploaded the 12 best pictures of TYPO 2009 in the TYPO Berlin 2009 Pool on Flickr; amongst others the portraits of Esther Dyson, Chip Kidd, Ebon Heath, Gesche Joost and Mario Lombardo.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- For the past thirteen years Marc Eckhardt has photographed the TYPO Berlin speakers when they exit the stage right after…Read more
- Personalise your conference experience with the fabulous TYPO Berlin Conference App, for a smooth, efficient, and stress-free three days of…Read more
- The Flickr group LTypI: Lack of Typographic Imagination collects pictures of logos where the name – or parts of the…Read more
- Twelve hours from now I will be in Berlin to attend TYPO Berlin 2009. Expect some reports after the conference.…Read more
- To celebrate eleven months since the publication of Lance Hidy’s “Designing the Mentoring Stamp” Kat Ran Press have uploaded a…Read more