Post TypeCon2009 – Rhythm Identity And Quick Run-Down
Still not much coverage on TypeCon2009 – Rhythm to be found on the internet, but Under Consideration/Department of Design had the excellent idea to post a follow-up to their unveiling of the TypeCon logo. The article TypeCon2009: Rhythm Identity reveals all about the application of the identity on a wide range of communication materials, ranging from print ads and conference programme over the T-shirt and tote bag to the commemorative poster. I quite like how they used the musical notation theme in the conference programme, and also how they kept adapting the morphing logo to accommodate for the different supports, finding surprising new variations an shapes. And again the star of the show is Benton Sans. In their own words
The broad styles and weight of the selected type family, Benton Sans, proved invaluable in the development of the program. Consciously formatted with typographic details the program strives to be as clear and easy to follow as possible.
Yesterday photographer Wes Sumner sent me a note, telling me he went to TypeCon last week. Because I had mentioned the absence of TypeCon reports on the internet he “thought [he] might be able to add a little. not so much a review, just a quick run-down.” The mini write-up plus some pictures not included in the (still growing) TypeCon Pool on Flickr can be found on his blog.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Under Consideration Department of Design document the creation of the new logo for TypeCon2009 on their website.…Read more
- SOTA will be bringing TypeCon2010 to the great city of Los Angeles, August 17-22, 2010.…Read more
- This week the typographic world congregates in Los Angeles, as TypeCon2010: Babel takes over the City of the Angels.…Read more
- From July 5 till 10, TypeCon2011 – the annual conference presented by the non-profit Society of Typographic Aficionados (SOTA) –…Read more
- The TypeCon identity radically changes every year – see for example my post on the 2009 identity by Under Consideration/Department…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Stoker, Dead Man Down, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Tyler Perry’s Temptation, Wrong (4)