New Microsite for FF Meta Serif
Earlier today a brand new website entirely dedicated to a single typeface family went live. Erik Spiekermann’s FF Meta Serif – one of last year’s most significant typeface releases – can be accessed on www.metaserif.com. The microsite is published by FontShop International and was designed by Florian Hardwig/Malte Kaune.
The microsite features five sections.
- The Story of Meta Serif recounts the origin of the design and the creation process through the original correspondence between the designers, with sketches and character drawings illustrating the story.
- Facts & Figures includes all you need to know about the technical specifications: OpenType Layout Features, Packages, Language Support.
- FF Meta & FF Meta Serif compares FF Meta Serif to its sans sibling FF Meta, the most influential sans serif of the digital revolution.
- Glyph Poster offers a glimpse at all 709 glyphs of FF Meta Serif Pro in a poster designed by Erik van Blokland, downloadable in PDF format.
- In-Use Gallery allows you to submit your designs created with FF Meta Serif or pictures of FF Meta Serif spotted in the wild. Every season’s best gallery entry wins a copy of FontBook.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- DINfont.com is – after metaserif.com and trixiefont.com – the third “FontFontFocus” website, entirely dedicated to Albert-Jan Pool’s insanely popular information…Read more
- FF Trixie OT – a major upgrade of the seminal rough typewriter typeface – has its own dedicated website now.…Read more
- The selection of world’s best published font releases are highly respected for years. While the TDC award is the traditional…Read more
- Discover fresh contemporary type from the Netherlands. A new crop of fonts from OurType is now available at FontShop. New designs…Read more
- FontWalk is a fabulous new take on the concept of the type catalogue / specimen / newsletter from FontShop AG, launched in June 2013…Read more